The REDIFUEL project started on 1 October 2018 and will run for 3 years.
The project is funded by the European Commission in the Research and Innovation Action.
12 Organisations from 6 different countries will work together to develop processes and technologies for producing drop-in renewable fuels, based on various biomass feedstock, for an ultimate renewable diesel biofuel.
- To develop chemical processes (Fischer-Tropsch & Hydroformylation) for producing biomass derived (renewable) drop-in fuels;
- Scaling up of these processes for demonstrating production on a larger scale;
- To develop a blending strategy of the drop-in fuels with the current diesel standards;
- Showcase the suitability of the newly biomass derived (renewable) drop-in fuels through testing them in Complete-Component Commonrail (CoCoS) test benches as well as test drives both on a dyno and on real roads;
- To perform a viability performance check of the developed process(es) and to perform an overall impact assessment by the quantification of the environmental impacts along the entire supply and value chain.